Thursday 17 October 2013

COMPLETED SCHOOL MAGAZINE COVER


This is the final draft for my school magazine front cover and I am pleased with the outcome. Understandably it wont be my best piece of work due to it being my attempt in using Adobe InDesign software.

Below is the finished masthead for my magazine cover. As you can see the main image covers part of the masthead which I like. I think it makes the magazine look more professional. However, I do however think I could've chosen a better, more appropriate or catchy masthead as mine is pretty basic. Additionally, the masthead colour scheme fits well with the whole of the magazine however, now i think the colour scheme of grey, white, yellow and black is slightly tacky. It also doesn't catch your eye as much as most magazines. Therefore, when designing my music magazine front cover I will use different colours. Perhaps the colour red instead of yellow and I don't think i'll have the colour grey on the magazine and it forces it to look more dull and drab.

The main image for the front cover is the original, edited version which I have done a blog post on below. I was unsure whether to re-edit the picture to soften the edges, however when I placed the picture onto my front cover I realised I could blur the outer edges of the picture to hide my poor editing of removing the background. I am pleased with the main image, it is an appropriate size and I believe it gives a clear indication of the story regarding school uniform which it is representing.

In relation to my magazine front cover, I think the subsidiary images are an appropriate size and they have been placed in a grid-like structure so they are in an appropriate position on the page. I also believe the images give a clear indication of the story they are representing. 








No comments:

Post a Comment